Well, you end up with not a great recipe for a healthy and successful relationship.Pros Opportunity to dedicate your time to something about which you are really passionate about; ability to work independently without too much bureaucratic constraint and without the boss breathing down your neck or mandating your work hours. Being a full-time community organizer can make you feel like hanging out and making friends is part of your job.The packages are stamped "Used Books, No Value," so there should not be a problem with customs.Shipments to US Zip-coded Pacific Islands go via the USPS Media Mail and may take a little longer.If you are sending a request by regular mail, send it to: Peggy Minnis Peace Corps Desk Darien Book Aid Plan, Inc.1926 Post Road Darien, CT 06820 USA Overseas shipments go via the most cost effective method available at that time and can take between three weeks and three months.With only 10% of Peace Corps Volunteers being married when the enter service (stat [link]), the idea that the remaining 90% of us would pair off seemed a little unrealistic. I have talked with RPCVs and it seems like everybody has got a story of a couple that made it.
If you absolutely need only a class set of a book, tell us the genre you want since we can seldom supply an exact title.
When I first started telling my friends and family I was considering Peace Corps, I couldn't believe how many people insinuated that in 2 years I would return married.
It seems like everybody and their grandmother seems to think Peace Corps is some sort of marriage agency. I have seen a few PCVs pair off and even more marry Host Country Nationals.
I mean, this experience changes you and for some reason, it just seems natural to think RPCVs marry other RPCVs.
Anyway, my point being don't bank on finding that special someone in Peace Corps. The potential partner pool is small and you often don't get to spend quality alone time (unless you think crowds of 5 or more constitute being alone).